We are looking for candidates for an European Solidarity Corps Project in Bari, for 4 months, starting in November, with Cooperativa AL.I.C.E that organises the Bari International Gender film festival.
Start: Around the beginning of November
Duration: 4 months
Where: Bari, Apulia, Italy
Application’s deadline: 27 September 2021
In line with the objectives of the ESC, the project aims to raise awareness of all actors involved, specifically with regard to the gender issue, in general descending in defence of all minorities. We are well aware that “we have to fight for their life as if it were our own – because it is. Because if they take you away at dawn, in the evening they will come for us.” In many EU countries, the gender issue has yet to achieve full equality in law. Even more worrying is the fact that anti-discrimination laws are not implemented. In this context, it is often the non-profit sector that has driven social change towards sexual and gender minorities in societies.
AL.I.C.E. coordinates networks for the socio-labour integration of disadvantaged groups and for the strengthening of the community value. It also offers psychological assistance and support services, family mediation and parental support, guidance, counselling and skills assessment for those who are temporarily in a state of suffering and discomfort.
The volunteer will take care of:
- Helping the staff in the organisation
- Assistance for in-office tasks
- Social Media Updates
- Possibility to carry out personal projects
2. Promotion of the European Solidarity Corps
The project takes place within a film festival which is why we believe that, in agreement with the volunteers, they can produce a short film explaining the ESC project, their experience and the location of the project.
In addition, they will be free to organize information events about the programme of the European Solidarity Corps.
3. Bari International Gender film festival and events BIGff collateral
- Bari International Gender film festival: support with the organisation
- BIG Tour – is the one-day trip of the Bari International Gender film festival that brings the themes of gender, identity and sexual orientation to other provinces of Puglia, promoting the sharing of experiences with the territory
- BIG school with boys and teenagers from middle and high schools carried out by a team of experienced social workers to educate to respect diversity and take action to combat discrimination, violence, homophobia, bullying.
The commitment required from the volunteers will be 30 hours per week.
Volunteers will have the possibility to live the experience in full freedom and responsibility, to manage autonomously their own time and activities in agreement with the actors involved and the project staff, to develop personal initiatives and projects consistent with the proposed voluntary activities.
We support you with
- Shared flat with other volunteers of the project (utilities are also covered)
- Pocket money
- Food allowance
- Travel tickets (the maximum will depend on the distance of your home-country)
- Good Italian knowledge
- Spirit of initiative and creativity
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong motivation and interest in the themes of the project
- Passion for cinema
- Desire to learn about the culture of the host country and region
- Good ability to work in a team and sociable
- Interest in social and artistic activities
- Independent and open-mindedness
- Sensitive to gender issues
- 18/30 years old
To apply for this project, fill the application form. We will contact you as soon as possible!
Deadline: 27 September 2021