We are looking for 2 volunteers for an European Solidarity Corps Project in Bari, for 6 months, starting in September, with CSV San Nicola.
Start: 15th September
Duration: 6 months
Where: Bari, Apulia, Italy
Application’s deadline: 14 July 2021
The aim of the project is to offer to the so-called NEETs an opportunity they would not otherwise have. To help them in their personal and job search, in the delicate transition from adolescence to adulthood through a project that also demonstrates to them their abilities.
1. Organisation of “Volunteer Meeting”
The Volunteer Meeting is a real place where the world of volunteering in our territory meets and discusses the crucial issues that concern it, a place from which every year we start again to continue with a renewed consciousness.
The volunteer collaborates in organising:
During the event ESC volunteers will be invited to present their project through an artistic medium of their choice followed by supporting and hosting: photography, presentation, short film, performance, theatre, music.
During the Volunteering Meeting, volunteers, will also have the opportunity to make known and spread the European Solidarity Corps with a dedicated information desk.
2. CSV centre
The CSV centre has been promoting and coordinating activities related to the world of volunteering for years. The volunteer, in this activity, will support the daily activities of the centre and create new ones, with the support of the staff:
- Child-friendly spaces and services
- Cultural and social animation with children and young people
- Creative and animation workshops
- Pedagogical activities with parents and children
- Group consultations and moments of aggregation and confrontation
- Social and educational planning of cultural and social events
- Active and social secretariat
- Organisation of events
- Promotion of the ESC programme
- Organisation of language tandems with other volunteers in support from MOH and with CSV volunteers
The commitment required from the volunteers will be 30 hours per week.
Volunteers will have the possibility to live the experience in full freedom and responsibility, to manage autonomously their own time and activities in agreement with the actors involved and the project staff, to develop personal initiatives and projects consistent with the proposed voluntary activities.
We support you with
- Shared flat with other volunteers of the project (utilities are also covered)
- Pocket money
- Food allowance
- Travel tickets (the maximum will depend on the distance of your home-country)
- Strong motivation and interest in the themes of the project and CSV San Nicola activities
- Experience and skills to share with others
- Youngsters with fewer opportunities: involvement of young people in difficult circumstances or social exclusion
- Curiosity towards the world of social work and volunteering
- Spirit of initiative and creativity
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to get to know the culture of the host country and region
- Good ability to work in a team and sociable
- Autonomy and open-mindedness
- 18/30 years old
To apply for this project, fill the application form. We will contact you as soon as possible!
Deadline: 14 July 2021