We are looking for 2 volunteers for an European Solidarity Corps Project in Bari, for 6 months, starting in September, with CAPS – Cooperativa Sociale.
Start: 15th September
Duration: 6 months
Where: Bari, Apulia, Italy
Application’s deadline: 7 July 2021
With this project MOH and CAPS want to build a more inclusive society, help vulnerable people and respond to social problems. Providing an inspiring and enriching experience for young people who want to help, learn and grow.
“Artemisia” is an innovative project that aims to experiment with a model of mixed housing, residential and social tourism:
The volunteer will:
- Develop a personal project followed by the CAPS staff
- Promote the European Solidarity Corps
- Think and organize workshops and networking strategies related to CAPS activities
- Promote socio-cultural paths to raise awareness on immigration, human rights, peace education and inter-religious confrontation, also through specific actions and campaigns against discrimination, racism and xenophobia.
2. “Casa Shalom”
The educational community “Casa Shalom” offers a residential reception service (24/24 h for 365 days a year) to 12 Italian and foreign minors aged between 3 and 18 years in a state of difficulty sent by a public structure.). This includes:
- Emotional and psychological containment
- Participation in discussion groups among guests
- Activities aimed at deepening their family and cultural history, through tools such as autobiographical writing and the creation of a personal family album
- Supporting parenting skills with regular meetings according to the educational project
3. “Area 51” Day Centre
Volunteers will support the following objectives:
- Give daytime reception to people in a situation of social distress and homelessness, trying to offer a protected place to meet and socialise
- Creating a welcoming space dedicated to the care of the relational dimension, through the activation of personal resources, providing information, orientation and accompaniment to services.
- Help the staff with the organisation
- Help with the organisation of small daily events
- Planning and implementing creative ideas
- Promoting the European Solidarity Corps within the CAPS network
The commitment required from the volunteers will be 30 hours per week.
Volunteers will have the possibility to live the experience in full freedom and responsibility, to manage autonomously their own time and activities in agreement with the actors involved and the project staff, to develop personal initiatives and projects consistent with the proposed voluntary activities.
We support you with
- Shared flat with other volunteers of the project (utilities are also covered)
- Pocket money
- Food allowance
- Travel tickets (the maximum will depend on the distance of your home-country)
- Strong motivation and interest in the themes of the project and CAPS activities
- Experience and skills
- Youngsters with fewer opportunities: involvement of young people in difficult circumstances or social exclusion
- Desire to work in a multicultural context
- Curiosity towards the world of social work
- Spirit of initiative and creativity
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to get to know the culture of the host country and region
- Good ability to work in a team and sociable
- Autonomy and open-mindedness
- Basic knowledge of Italian
- 18/30 years old
To apply for this project, fill the application form. We will contact you as soon as possible!
Deadline: 7 July 2021